Here are a number of opportunities from The innovation Village which is hosting a program for fresh graduates, leadership training from YALI, and a fully-funded PhD from Quantum Leap Africa.
Here are the opportunities from the Innovation Village and other organizations
Graduate Fellowship program
The Innovation Village Graduate Fellowship Program is organizing a 6-months intensive hands-on training for fresh graduates to equip them with opportunities to grow and realize their full potential. This is a partnership program with MasterCard Foundation that prepares fresh Ugandan graduates to excel in today’s dynamic workplace.
For six months, fellows on the job will be mentored and trained with the purpose of helping them to identify and use their strengths to build a meaningful career.
At the end of this six-month program, the best performing fellows are retained and absorbed within our departments. We also match the top-performing graduates to departments, ventures or businesses in our ecosystem for full-time roles.
These are the areas of interest for the fellowship program.
- Portfolio Analyst
- Product Management
- Innovation and Startup support
- Data Science and Research
- Content Marketing
- Community Technology
Go to this link to apply now: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdNIVEa4H1eDJiRoSRQPMGrSQcdig5z5ISuwOWQfdpNHH28UA/viewform
Young African Leaders Initiative (YALI)
The Young African Leaders Initiative (YALI) is a wide online program for young leaders and was launched by former President of the United States Barack Obama as a signature effort to invest in the next generation of African leaders.
The YALI Regional Leadership Center East Africa, located at Kenyatta University in Nairobi, Kenya serves 14 countries in East and Central Africa: Burundi, Central African Republic, Republic of the Congo, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Djibouti, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Kenya, Rwanda, Somalia, South Sudan, Sudan, Tanzania, and Uganda.
The YALI Regional Leadership Center East Africa is merit-based and open to young East African leaders who meet the following criteria.
- Are 18 to 35 years of age at the time of application submission,
- Are citizens and residents of one of the following countries: Burundi, Central African Republic. Republic of the Congo, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Djibouti, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Kenya, Rwanda, Somalia, South Sudan, Sudan, Tanzania, Uganda,
- Are not U.S. citizens or permanent residents of the U.S.
- Are eligible to receive any necessary visa to Kenya, and
- Are proficient in reading, writing, listening and speaking English.
Selected participants will engage in leadership training across three tracks of study in a 4-week residential format with a focus on individual and team leadership skills, innovation, creative learning, and communication:
- (1) Business and Entrepreneurship
- (2) Civic Leadership
- (3) Public Management
The program’s emphasis is on interactive and experiential learning which fosters each participant’s ability to contribute both individually and in teams.
Go to this link to apply: https://www.yalieastafrica.org/registration/public/index.php/user/signup
Quantum Leap Africa PhD program
Are you a young African with a Master’s degree in mathematics, computer science or related fields? The fully funded PhD in the Data Science program by Quantum Leap Africa is available for you.
The Eligibility criteria includes:
- Strong background in the theoretical foundations of mathematics, related subjects
- Master’s degree in mathematics, computer science or related fields
- Strong profile for engagement with the suggested research topics
- Motivation for pursuing research in the suggested topic and for pursuing a PhD degree
Go to this link to apply: https://quantumleapafrica.org/course/phd-in-data-science/#nav-applications The deadline is 1st June 2021.